Thursday, May 26, 2011

Where have I been?

When I started this whole blog thing, I thought it would be fun to share my random thoughts from time to time. Then like everything else I start, it got pushed to the side. I have been just a little busy in 2011 in the near 5 months since I had a posting.

I've turned 34, trained for a half marathon, ran my first half marathon, had my second child (ok, my wife handled that one), and sold my house. That's in addition to all of the other stuff that I was already doing to keep myself busy.

That's where I've been, but let's talk about where I am. As I write, I'm in a vehicle with my wife, in-laws, and my 2 boys. Everyone expect me (and the driver) is asleep so I have a few quiet minutes with my thoughts. No babies to feed or change, reports to catch up on, or meetings to run to.

We're headed west for my niece's high school graduation. This trip is as grueling as the half marathon I ran a month ago. It's a test of endurance and patience. The scenery is beautiful, but some stretches are oh so boring. Plus, it's made more difficult with a 4-year old in the back asking, "Are we there yet?"

We started our trip with an unknown noise coming from somewhere that one in our traveling party was sure was the wheel bearings. Not sure if she really knows what wheel bearings do ir look like. We decided to not let that detail the journey and traveled on. Luckily that noise has gone away.

After all this, I still wouldn't trade this trip for anything. I've learned to enjoy the ride of life no matter what unknown noises pop up from time to time.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment