Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Have you ever eaten goose jerky?

Like most jerky, it was a bit chewy. But it was seasoned something special and was very tasty. What about cajun gator bites? Or pheasant and cheese pie? That along with carved wild buffalo and some other tasty treats was my dinner. Now if you know me you'd be suprised I would eat wild game like that. I'm the guy who never had chicken until college and still picks things off and out of my food.

This was my second year attending the Sportmans Banquet at Life Community Church outside of Greensboro. It's a bunch of guys eating things that are hunted and listening to the gospel of Jesus Christ. I personally find it a fun evening. It's like a revival meeting in a Bass Pro Shop.

The speaker tonight was Steve Hudson, a chaplain for several Nascar teams and the Motocross series. He was entertaining and yet straight-forward in his presentation of the gospel.

He spoke on being a tough guy. He deals with guys who would be considered tough. Guys that go really fast or jump over large things. But would you really consider Jeff Gordon or Kurt Busch a tough guy? I digress. A big mouth or a big gun doesn't make you a tough guy. Tough guys actually cry. Tough guys need help too. In his message, he related how tough guys have a responsibility to teach their sons (or daughters). That us something that I took to heart. What kind of example do I set for my son? What kind of example do I set for Christ. It's a daily battle sometimes. However, I know my strength comes from God, and that he has a plan for me if I will seek his will.

I just have to have faith. Who knew that I would enjoy Goose Jerky? Miracles do happen.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.5.9

No comments:

Post a Comment