Monday, December 20, 2010

Have you ever met a US President?

In the next couple of hours, we'll find out if I've joined the list. On Saturday, I stood in line for 5 hours for the chance to buy a wristband. That wristband has gotten me the chance to stand in line AGAIN at the Billy Graham Library.


So let's back up a little. Last Thursday I found out that George W Bush was coming to the library to sign his new book. My first thought was, I'm there. So on Saturday, I got in line at 7:45am for a book sale that didn't start until 9:30am. I stood in that slow-moving line until almost 1pm. Doesn't sound bad until you consider that it was in the 30's and sleeting/ snowing a good portion of the time. By the way, we were standing in line outside.

It's been an interesting experience so far. There are more rumors than a gossip website. We all get to see him. Only a certain color wristband is guaranteed to see him. Suddenly every has their sources or knows someone who works for BG ministries. So we'll see how this goes. Lord willing I'll have the chance to talk with the 43rd President of the US. I'll keep you posted...
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment